8.08.2009

4th of July

Mike and I spent 4th of July with his family up in Sandy. Their neighborhood does a parade (which I slept through because it started at 8) and then a breakfast at the pool (which consisted of sausage, watermelon, and krispy kreme donuts. Interesting).

Michelle, Nate, Becky, and the kids came over, and while we were waiting for Mike to get off work so we could start bbqing, the fam decided to go on a hike to some falls up Big Cottonwood Canyon (to which my response was..."we're doing this for fun?"). I'm what Jim Gaffigan would describe as "indoorsy." So I texted Mike to hurry up and he made it home for the hike.

So I made him carry me the whole time.

Just kidding. But David got a ride (I really don't understand why Mike prefers carrying David over me).


And Katelyn got a sweet ride. I don't think she touched the ground the whole time. The cheater.


But really the hike wasn't bad at all. I suppose this was worth it.

Here's a closer look at Katelyn's ride. Pretty sweet, eh?

David and Alex though Uncle Mike was the coolest person ever because he was throwing big rocks into the stream. See video below, and listen (if you can over the roaring water) to the sounds of awe.


This was a tree up at the falls. People here get so creative...


The slippery log of death while crossing the stream right under the falls.
And here is all of us after the hike. We asked some people to take a picture of us and they took about twenty thousand. This was before Katelyn started getting upset and David started bring the stick up in front of his face.

0 comments: