9.16.2007

India Fest!

Last Saturday was India Fest a couple towns down, so Rikki, Kevin Hein and I decided to go check it out.

Here is the beautiful building they have to worship Hinduism in.




For no apparent reason they have a llama farm.


I'm pretty sure the llamas liked me more than Rikki. I don't know how to explain that one.


Llamaface!


This one looked like it wanted to be a giraffe but just ended up an ugly mix.



This was a weird animal that had a sort of hump like a camel on its back, which was squishy when you pressed it. It grossed me out.


There was a performance which kind of reminded me of the Hill Cumorah Pagaent (everything prerecorded, trumpets at the beginning). Here are the characters afterward.


This was the final scene of the performance, when the good guys set the multiple-headed bad guys on fire...you know, the usual.


The afterparty?


Kevin seriously needs to work on his "breakin it down" skills.



So here's a video of a rock band rocking out the the Hare Krishna Mantra after the performance... yes, he is just repeating the words of the Mantra over and over again...

0 comments: