9.16.2006

Catch Up

Alright. Since i've been here two and a half weeks there's a lot to fill in. Shunae and Travis picked me up at the airport, let me sleep over, and then set me up at school the next day. They are awesome and really fun to hang out with. Here they are in a little restaurant called Coney's that is known for it's custard ice cream.For at least the first week i was here, the mountains totally amazed me. I still think they're awesome. Viktor and i hung out a lot the first couple days and happened to come upon Billy. Actually, how we met Billy is kind of funny. Viktor and i were sitting on the couch in the lobby of his dorm building talking about the volleyball game. I was saying how i was so excited to see the men's team play and how guys' volleyball is so amazing to watch, and out of nowhere this kid sitting on the couch across from us was like "No it's not! Girls' is way better!" Viktor and i were both kinda like "Wha?" and then Billy introduced himself to us..... The first weekend here flyers when around about a "Toga Party" in Helamen Halls, and Billy really wanted to check it out. Here is Billy looking emo with my hoodie over the toga he was wearing that he made out of his bedsheet.On the way to the Orientation Finale Dance, Billy decided to ask random people if they knew where Princeton University was, because no one recognized princeton when they asked him where he was from. It was a sad, sad survey- only 14 out of 37 people knew that Princeton University is in New Jersey.When i said that Skeletor entertains us when we're sitting around, i wasn't kidding.



My room mate left and went home the first day of classes, so now i have a whole double to myself. Unfortunately, i don't have nearly enough stuff to fill the entire room, so Billy and I decided to decorate some cardboard to make a mural for my wall. We walked to Shopko (a good half hour walk each way, if not more) for the spray paint and crayons.
Billy also made other decorations when we were hanging out in my room during visiting hours wednesday night. Now i have an octopus tentacle coming out of my ceiling with a speech bubble that says "I come for you." And a rock lobster (Billy really likes 80's new wave music).
One night this week Billy made cookies from scratch in our friend Elliott's apartment. He then proceeded to call everyone he made cookies for to come join us on the grass outside my hall at 9 at night. Viktor and some others brought their pizza, i bought the chocolate milk, and Elliott and Billy provided the entertainment. Elliott is quite good at the banjo. Billy was playing a home made bass (a broom, a bucket, and a string).

On Wednesday Elliott and Billy decided to dress up as superheros. Don't ask me what kind of heros they are...i can't remember. I think they were going more for style than for actually helping people. I also can't count how many weird looks we got as Billy and I sat in the Cougareat in the Wilkinson Center eating lunch. Thursday night this week Mandy invited us to go ice skating with her and her friend Ross. Ross is from Provo and therefore has a car and knows where everything is- very convenient. I think the best part of the night was watching Billy skate- instead of gliding he looks like a retarded kid trying to walk. It was really funny.

0 comments: